Robin has a somewhat macabre side to her, and often points out gross or morbid facts, usually to the disgust of Nami or Usopp.
- When Robin first joins the crew, Usopp asks her what her specialty is, to which she replies, Killing.
- When Luffy, Zoro and Sanji were exploring a galleon that had fallen from Skypiea and were eaten by a giant sea turtle, Robin immediately states that they may have been eaten along with the ship.
- When Nami asks if Zoro was eaten by the sky shark, she says that the clouds would be turning red if he was.
- When Nami is forced to swing on a rope past the sky sharks, Robin says the height is about 50 meters and she would die if she fell.
- Zoro and Nami return to the Going Merry in Skypiea but they cannot find Chopper, who was guarding the ship. Robin remarks that he may have been “shredded to pieces”.
- When Chopper is taken by the Foxy Pirates during a Davy Back Fight, Nami asks if Foxy is a collector of rare pets. Robin says, “Hopefully not a collector of rare pelts”.
- When the crew decide on the name “Thousand Sunny” for their new ship, Robin says that she was going to suggest the “Being of Darkness”.
- On Thriller Bark, she voluntarily investigates Thriller Bark with Luffy and Franky. She told Nami that she “likes thrills”.
- As Nami screams while testing the Mini Merry II on Thriller Bark, Robin remarks that she may have been cursed by a ghost.
- When they are attacked by the Cerberus on Thriller Bark, Robin says that she finds it “cute”.
- While the Straw Hats are looking for Nami, Chopper and Usopp at Thriller Bark, Robin says that they are not even able to hear their voices anymore, wondering if they were strangled.
- While searching for a way to reach Fishman Island in the Shark Submerge III, Robin, Luffy and Brook encounter a giant sea monster that attacks them which resulted in Robin amusingly commenting on his big mouth that could swallow them instead of worrying about the situation.
- While the other crew members commented on Sanji’s bizarre luck in reaction to Duval’s face, Robin quipped that he would certainly have an interesting death one day.
- When Luffy’s group went out to beat the kraken and lost their way back to the ship she mildly commented, that hopefully they would not be ripped to shreds by some monster.
- As Noah approached the battlefield between Straw Hat Pirates and New Fishman Pirates, she wondered whether the ocean would be dyed red if everyone was smashed by it.
- When Robin heard the news that Nami, Franky, Sanji and Chopper were kidnapped by some mysterious men with rifles, she seemed concerned if they were already shot and had multiple holes in their body.
- While riding on Brownbeard with Luffy, Zoro, Usopp and Brook, she commented that it’d be nice if Nami and the others’ arms and legs have not came off from frostbite.
- When Usopp asked what had fallen, as the group was making its way up the left hind leg of Zunisha to get to the top, Robin said that it looked like a person that was bleeding with knives sticking out of him.
- When Usopp saw Wanda wear Nami’s clothes and asked for her whereabouts, Robin wondered if the Mink Tribe has a taste for human flesh.
- When Wanda insinuiated that the other Straw Hats and company had been slaughtered and their bodies were in a forest in Zou, Robin concluded that because their remains were intact it meant they weren’t used for sustenance.