- Buggy is the first villain who is a Devil Fruit user. He has the lowest known former bounty among the Shichibukai.
- In an early interview for Shonen Jump, Oda once stated Buggy was his favorite villain; however, over time Oda has listed other villains as his favorite.
- In the manga, Buggy is usually drawn with his mouth open, causing one fan to ask Oda to draw him with his mouth shut.
- Buggy has shown to involuntarily split up his body when shocked or surprised. A joke to show that the news has caused him to “go to pieces”.
- One of Oda’s SBS questions asked if Buggy’s penis was also able to split and fly off. Oda replied “his penis can fly too” as every part of Buggy’s body could fly off, but his feet.
- When Buggy detaches his head and floats around, he resembles a Nukekubi – a flesh-eating humanoid monster of Japanese mythology said to detach its head during the night to float around and hunt for mortals to victimize.
- In an SBS, a fan asked if Buggy bled when using his Devil Fruit powers, only for Oda to reply that it would make him appear too scary.
- Like many other characters, Buggy has a distinct laugh, “gyahahahahaha!”
- In the first Japanese popularity poll, Buggy was ranked 7th.
- Buggy appeared in Cross Epoch alongside the Straw Hats paired with Pilaf from Dragon Ball. Coincidentally, they are both voiced by Shigeru Chiba from their respective series.