- Scratchmen Apoo is the first member of the Longarm Tribe to appear in the series. He is also the only known member of the Longarm Tribe to have eaten a Devil Fruit.
- Apoo’s name was taken with 19th century real-life Chinese pirate Chui A-poo.
- His surname, Scratchmen, might be a reference to the act of scratching, a DJ technique in which sounds are manipulated by moving a vinyl record upon a turntable.
- Apoo’s birthday, March 19th, is known as ‘Day of music’ (音楽の日 Ongaku no Hi), a reference to his musical abilities.
- Like many One Piece characters, Apoo has his own unique laugh, which is “Apapapapapapa”. His laughter also sounds like scratching a record on a turntable, fitting his character motifs.
- In both episodes 628 and 629 of the anime, Apoo’s name is misspelled as “Scratcimen Apoo”. This contradicts the manga’s romanization of his name.
- As kid, Apoo is shown with significantly shorter hair and a rounder face. His hair was also combed into a pompadour in the front, with his braid in the back. His attire was a less elaborate shirt and bow tie. His teeth also lacked the dark markings that make them resemble piano keys.
- Oda drew gender swapped version of Apoo
- Apoo’s favorite food is tom yam soup, and his least favorite food is mayonnaise.
- If One Piece was set in the real world, then Apoo would be from China.
- If Apoo was not a pirate, then he would be a DJ (disc jockey).
- In the 5th fan poll, Apoo ranked 75th.