New Nakama after Wano?
Note (read because everything will be useful for the post): Purely Japanese pronounciations of numbers are used for numbering (like one head, two hands, three bones, …) and can be written in hiragana (Japanese alphabet for Japanese words, because it comes from Japan before 4th century), whereas Sino-Japanese pronounciations of numbers are used for counting (like one, two, three, …) and can be written in katakana (Japanese alphabet for foreign words, because it comes from 4th century China, even if today these pronounciation entered so much in Japanese language that it can be now written in hiragana). However, the number themselves can be written in Kanji for style, but more often, Japanese use Western numeric system. Roumaji uses italian prounonciation of voyels.
Here’s a table recapping numbers from 1 to 10 :
|Western Number System||Kanji System||Purely Japanese (Hiragana System) with Roumaji (Latin System)||Sino-Japanese (Katakana System) with Roumaji (Latin System)|
|1||一||ひと (Hito)||イチ (Ichi)|
|2||二||ふた (Futa)||ニ (Ni)|
|3||三||み (Mi)||サン (San)|
|4||四||よん (Yon)||シ (Shi)|
|5||五||いつ (Itsu)||ゴ (Go)|
|6||六||む (Mu)||ロク (Roku)|
|7||七||なな (Nana)||シチ (Shichi)|
|8||八||や (Ya)||ハチ (Hachi)|
|9||九||ここの (Kokono)||ク (Ku) or キュウ (Kyuu)|
|10||十||とお (Too)||ジュウ (Juu)|
Thing that is funny, is that Japanese can use “Yon” (よん) and “Nana” (なな) for counting, because Sino-Japanese pronounciations “Shi” (シ) and “Shichi” (シチ) sounds like the words for “Death (死, Shi)” and “Death-Land (死地, Shichi)” (“Nine” (九) also got it but with a different Sino-Japanese pronouciation, “Kyuu” (キュウ) instead of “Ku” (ク) that can be confused with “Suffering (苦, Ku)”). There are also other pronounciations for some numbers, but we would enter in very advanced Japanese (Engurishu included).
I take it from the Straw Hat number theory, that says that Devil Fruit names in the Straw Hat Crew are related to two numbers each (other members have relation with numbers, but this is not really the theory here):
- Monkey D. Luffy ate the Gomu Gomu no Mi (Gum-Gum Fruit): So we have 5 and 6. The Great Straw Hat Fleet has 5600 crew members, and Luffy’s birthday should have been May 6th, but because May 5th is Children and Carp Day in Japan, it was moved to it (we can say it’s because he wanted so much to become King of Pirates, he was born earlier than his planned birthday). Gol D. Roger’s bounty is ฿5,564,800,000 that is near from ฿5,600,000,000 that will be probably Luffy’s bounty when he’ll become the King of Pirates. Also, Luffy is sometimes seen with clothes with 56 written on it.
- Tony Tony Chopper ate the Hito Hito no Mi (Human-Human Fruit) : So we have 1 and 10. Also 110 is an emergency call number in Japan (for the police okay, but still an emergency call for Chopperman!). His bounty should be a ฿100,000,000 but with failed power of 10 (lol).
- Nico Robin ate the Hana Hana no Mi (Flower-Flower Fruit) : So we have 8 and 7. Strangely, her first bounty was of ฿79,000,000, just ฿1,000,000 above ฿78,000,000, she also took the ฿1,000,000 to ฿80,000,000.
- Brook ate the Yomi-Yomi no Mi (Resur-Resur Fruit) : So we have 4 and 3. Remember 4 can be pronounced like Death? Oh hell yeah you guessed! Hi birthday is also April 3rd ! His bounty is ฿83,000,000 but it’s okay since 8 can be read as “You” (よう), shorted to “Yo” (よ).
We have 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. 2 and 9 are missing.
So we go for (words that didn’t mean anything are deleted) :
- Niku Niku no Mi (Meat-Meat Fruit) a meat productor, Luffy would be interested.
- Kuni Kuni no Mi (Country-Country Fruit) a guy who creates countries, it could be useful for the Ancient Kingdom or One Piece. Or could it be, Oarse “the Continent-Puller” ???
- Nikyu Nikyu no Mi (Pad-Pad Fruit), Bartholomew Kuma, no he’s dead now, but he was a trap for fans, because he was a Revolutionnary and friend with Monkey D. Dragon.
- Fuku Fuku no Mi (Cloth-Cloth Fruit), Kin’emon, he’s not dead, and he’s still in the Ninja-Pirate-Mink-Samurai Alliance in order to defeat Kaidou in Country of Wano. Wano Arc is surely his arc sharing with Zoro. I think he will join the Straw Hats like most other Nakamas.
*Theory by JayDAshe