1-Kozuki Oden was the daimyo of Kuri in Wano Country, the son of former Wano shogun Kozuki Sukiyaki, the husband of Kozuki Toki, and father of Kozuki Momonosuke and Kozuki Hiyori.
2-Oden is the name of a traditional Japanese winter dish.
3-Oden is similar to Mont Blanc Noland, as they are both the main protagonists of flashback stories in which they are executed in the end by greedy nobles, who then besmirched their family names through lies and misinformation.
4-Oden bears a resemblance to Heracles, a divine hero in Greek mythology:
- Both possessed tremendous strength since infancy.
- Both had numerous affairs with women.
- Some of Oden’s actions are based on the Twelve Labours of Heracles:
- Oden defeating the Mountain God is based on the fourth labour, the capture of the Erymanthian Boar.
- Oden’s attempt to help the Flower Capital citizens during a great drought by diverting a river to the city is based on the fifth labour, cleaning the Augean stables in a single day. Unlike Heracles, Oden’s action ended in disaster.
- Both were rejected and disowned by one of their family members (Heracles’ nemesis was Hera and Oden was disowned by his father, Kozuki Sukiyaki).
- Both were sailors (Heracles was part of the Argonauts and Oden sailed with the Whitebeard Pirates and Roger Pirates).
- Both had fathers who were rulers of their respective domains (Heracles’s father was Zeus, King and ruler of Olympus; Oden’s father was the head of the Kozuki family and shogun of Wano).
5-Oden was a division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates and later a member of the Roger Pirates.
6-Despite his brash personality, Oden has great literary skills, having started writing a log book detailing his journey around Wano Country.
7-As a descendant of the Kozuki Family, Oden also inherited from his ancestors the knowledge and skill to read Poneglyphs and write its ancient language.
8-Oden wielded two Meito of the O Wazamono grade: Ame no Habakiri (the sword said to be able to cut “heaven” itself) and its sister sword Enma (the sword said to be able to cut to the “bottom of hell”).
9-Oden was an exceptionally skilled master of Armament Haki. He also possessed Conqueror’s Haki. During his initial encounter with Edward Newgate 30 years ago, their sudden clash created a notable effect similar to lightning and released a large burst.
10-Oden was able to permanently scar the near-invulnerable Kaido, something no one else has been able to before and after.