- Luffy’s current age is 19. When Luffy began his journey from East Blue, he was 17 years old. Since there are a lot of parallels in Roger and Luffy’s adventures, I’d like to assume that Roger started his adventure and met Rayleigh in East Blue when he was 17 as well.
- Roger started out as a pirate at 17 and retired at the age of 52. That is quite an active era of piracy between him and Rayleigh for about 35 years. That’s a wealth of adventures that Oda hasn’t even delved into.
- Roger tells Whitebeard and Oden about the possibility of the last island containing “a vast treasure” and the World Government has already been telling pirates to not go there. So, 40 years ago, there already was this idea of this mysterious island that was hard to find, had a wealthy treasure and possibly contained information left behind by a civilization about Ancient Weapons and how to revive them. The joke is that there was no treasure on Laugh Tale except history of JoyBoy and what he did to the “World Government” and I have a separate theory on why Roger and crew laughed at the treasure.
- Shanks was 27 years old when he met Luffy which puts him at 39 years old today meaning he was just born after the God Valley incident which took place 40 years ago from this year. Another fact I was able to glean chronologically from the sequence of events is Roger was 47 years old when he learned about Oden in the papers. Buggy and Shanks are shown reading the paper on Roger’s ship. Since Roger’s current age would have been 77 years old, this puts Shanks as early as 9 years old (30 years earlier). Was Shanks onboard Roger’s ship at this age or was he here even earlier? This is a mystery that Oda will have to reveal.
- Blackbeard/Teach is 40 years old and he was born during the year of God Valley incident. From the previous information, Teach was 11 years old when he joined the Whitebeard Pirates. Teach waited 27 years to find the Yami Yami no Mi. Talk about patience!
- When Roger became King of the Pirates and remembers the prophecy of the Sea Kings, they mention it’ll take 10 years for their sovereign (Mermaid Princess) to be born. Shirahoshi was born 10 years later. They also mention it’ll take 15 years to grow which puts events in the current timeline which is when Shirahoshi awakens her powers as Poseidon in Fishman Island arc calling the Sea Kings to prevent Noah crashing into the island. This undoubtedly puts Luffy as the other sovereign aka Joy Boy who was destined to meet Shirahoshi.
- They mention the Whales being delighted in anticipation when the two sovereigns meet. Guess who Luffy and crew run into after they leave Fishman Island. A gam of Whales!! They give Thousand Sunny a ride to the New World.
Phew! That was a load of information and there are still missing pieces that I’m trying to put together.