Now let’s move on to Blackbeard. What do we know about Blackbeard?
– He killed Thatch, and ate the strongest Logia devil fruit;
– He killed Whitebeard, and ate the strongest Paramecia devil fruit;
– His ship bear the flag of 3 skulls;0
– He’s a disgusting man, as commented by Jinbe in Fishman Island;
– He has weird body structure, as commented by Marco.
I realized that many people have observed the clue of Blackbeard’s flag, and the comment by Marco during Marineford being related. And indeed, many seem to attribute that Blackbeard had 3 bodies.
Many fans claim that if Blackbeard ate the strongest Logia (darkness-darkness fruit) and the strongest Paramecia (quake-quake fruit), then it’s confirmed that Blackbeard will also eat the strongest Zoan.
So far, many evidences in One Piece seem to have supported this claim.
First, we see the pirate flag bearing 3 skulls.
Second was Marco’s comment on Blackbeard having a different body structure.
Third the Blackbeard Pirates are hunting devil fruits.
Fourth, we see Blackbeard having 3 guns and even 3 teeth missing in the manga.
After reading Dante’s Divine Comedy, one could suggest that Blackbeard’s character might have been an inspiration from Satan, in Dante’s Divine Comedy.
1) When Dante’s eyes meet Satan, in the deepest part of hell, he described Satan as having 3 heads of 3 different colors: red, yellow and black. Satan was also described as having black wings, which produced icy winds that froze the lake of Inferno as well as the condemned.
This could indeed, relate to Blackbeard having 3 skulls in his pirate flag. These 3 skulls represent Satan’s 3 heads.
Satan’s 3 heads are colored red, black and yellow, and this could also resemble the 3 different devil fruits: Logia, Paramecia and Zoan. This could imply that Blackbeard will eat the strongest Zoan in the future. This strongest Zoan fruit will be speculated later.
2) Satan was chained up in the darkest level of Inferno. This darkness had a purpose, which served to those who refused God’s gifts of light and warmth. Thus, God took away the gift of light and replaced it with darkness. Warmth was taken away, and was replaced by Ice.
This is similar to Blackbeard, eating the darkness-darkness fruit – the strongest logia, and having the elements of darkness intertwined with Blackbeard himself – i.e. HE becomes the element of darkness.
Another thing that’s worthy of note is that God’s intertwining of Darkness and Ice in Dante’s Inferno may have inspired Oda to place Aokiji as an ally with Blackbeard, as was mentioned in chapter 793. Thus, blending of Darkness and Ice.
3) In Dante’s Divine Comedy, it’s been stated that Satan betrayed God and was thus, punished. It was also given that when Dante saw a “cracked ruined slope” when he entered the ring of lust (the first ring), Virgil stated that this occurred in an earthquake that shook after the death of christ.
For the non-christians out there, God is referred to in the Christian religion as the “Father, son and holy spirit” in the Trinity.
Christ was the son of God.