There won’t be another training arc. In fact, Wano is the ultimate training arc. There won’t be another timeskip. The time is now. If Luffy is going to be king he must prove it now and beat the man called “King of Beasts” 1v1.
Luffy’s progression in terms of power has been clearly laid out:
- Trained with Rayleigh during the time skip.
- Trained Advanced Observation Haki in Whole Cake Island.
- Trained Advanced Armament in Wano
- Figured out Advanced Conqueror’s Haki in Wano.
- Got defeated by Kaido but refused to be broken.
- Has shown incredible strength of will since chapter 1.
In fact Luffy and Kaido mirror each other as they have both climbed their way to the top by rising up again each time they’ve been put down. Now one will be put down permanently while the other will keep rising.
The seeds have been planted for Luffy to step to Kaido man to man and defeat him. It won’t be easy even after unlocking this Advanced form of Conqueror’s Haki. But Luffy is ready. This fight will come down to a battle of will between two beastly man, both vying to be king of the world.
They say always bet on Kaido in a 1v1. Well in chapter 830 titled “A Man You Can Bet On”, Jinbe bet on a Luffy. You should too. Some folks in this fandom need to follow the clues and stop underestimating the hero of the story.
- Luffy defeated a lion in Orange Town, a shark In ArlongPark, Crocodile in Alabasta and a leopard in Water 7.
- He tamed a hellhound, the wild animals he trained with, a kraken, and a bull.
- He intimidated a bison, a lion and a monkey.
- He trained with wild beasts for 2 years.
- His shadow was put inside of Oars, a creature called “the beast”.
Now he’s face to face with a Yonko they called “The King of Beasts”. It’s all coming together nicely.
*Theory by Lelouche85