3- THE CHINESE ZODIAC THEORY
This theory started back when Oda created the color spread of chapter 651. Many say that Oda will have a straw hat related to each animal of the zodiac.
- Rat – ?
- Bull – Franky
- Tiger – Zoro
- Rabbit – ?
- Dragon – ?
- Snake – Usopp. Usopp was drawn connected to the only reptile in the color spread
- Horse – Brook
- Sheep – Sanji
- Monkey – Luffy
- Rooster – Robin
- Dog – Chopper
- Boar – Jinbe (Wild boar are Yama Kujira in Japan which translates to “mountain whale”)
- Cat – Nami
4- THE 13 CATS THEORY
This theory is based off of the cover page of chapter 861.
There are 13 cats. Each cat indicates a Straw Hat.
- Cat 1 is Nami because sitting under a parasol is her typical pose on the ship.
- Cat 2 is drunk and wearing a sash, we know it’s Zoro.
- Cat 3 seems to be Franky to me.
- Cat 4 has a spy type cat, Nico Robin our cool infiltrator.
- Cat 5 looks like Chopper learned to peak, still poorly.
- Cat 6 with one eye closed is Sanji.
- Cat 7 is probably Brook.
- Cat 8 is doing Luffy’s sly finger under the nose pose.
- Cat 9 seems like Usopp, the only cat with different ears which fits Usopp since to this day has never shown his ears.
- Cat 10 wearing a kimono drinking like an adult is Jinbe.
- Cat 11
- Cat 12
- Cat 13
As I said I didn’t think too hard on which cat means which Straw Hat but there being 13 total is the point.
Anyways these are all the theories I could think of that involve 13 Straw Hats. Which is your favorite?