First, we establish that Luffy is stronger than Law. This is done through Luffy defeating Doflamingo and further on fighting stronger and stronger opponents until facing 1vs1 Kaido.
Luffy already thinks of Law as a crewmember. And Law is one of the major driving forces of the plot. His infatuation with the Will of D. is such a big deal.
ROLE: Heart Seat or Surgeon. In my opinion it’s the Heart Seat that Doflamingo wanted Law to be. Like a sacrifice. Remember Vergo and Corazon were Doflamingo’s past heart seats and they both perished. Law was given an overpowered Devil Fruit with the Ability to Rule the world coupled with something else according to Doflamingo. I believe it is some sort of Heart Seat where Law uses the Perpetual Youth Operation some point in either Laugh Tale post-battle with Blackbeard or in Mary Geoise against Im-sama, or Gorosei?
DREAM: To find the meaning of the Will of D.
SAD BACKSTORY: Flevance
BENEFACTOR: Donquixote Rosinante (Corazon/Cora-san)
LUFFY BOUNTY: 1,500,000,000
- Law was willing to die to Fujitora and Doflamingo rather than call Luffy his subordinate in Greenbit.
- Luffy explicitly said Law is on my crew. Law denied.
- This is the same case with Straw Hats like Zoro, Nami, Sanji, Jinbe, Franky, Brook, Chopper who deny at first and later accept because they see Luffy for who he is.
- Will of D. Bond
- Monkey D. Luffy & Trafalgar D. Water Law
- Post Marineford Law saved Luffy along with Jinbe, Ivankov(serving in for Dragon), Buggy, and Shanks who are all tied very closely with Luffy
- Law held Luffy’s strawhat for a significant period during a tumultuous time
- Other People who’ve held the hat have been Ace, Zoro, Nami, Robin, Margaret, Buggy, Shanks, and Tama [with the exception of Margaret, everyone has a very close tie with Luffy]
- Law saves Bellamy parallel to Zoro saving Smoker
- Law was willing to die alongside Luffy if Doflamingo lost.
- Luffy saves the Straw Hats from their shambles and Luffy saves Law from Doflamingo
- Luffy finishes Law’s fight for him like he does for the rest of the Straw Hats
- He defeats Doflamingo.
- Destroys Dressrosa.
- And has Fujitora on his side the whole time.
- Doflamingo is locked up in Level 6 Impel Down.
As of chapter 996, the story now requires Law to travel with Luffy. Law will not become an Enemy after all their interactions/moments. He knows the ties the Straw Hats have with Luffy. He knows Luffy’s character and ambitions. To know the meaning of the Will of D., Law has to travel with Pirate King’s crew. Law by himself realistically will not get there.
Law is a Captain of his own crew?
- Jinbe was Captain of Sun Pirates.
- Franky was the Boss of the Franky Family.
- Usopp was Captain of the Usopp Pirates.
- Zoro asked to be Captain of Baroque Works before killing Mr. 7.
- Brook was a temporary Captain for the Rumbar Pirates.
- Oden was the Leader of the 9 Red Scabbards.
*Theory by Blother