As we know Gecko Pirates clashed with the Beasts Pirates in the Ringo region of Wano, during which Moria stole Ryuma’s corpse along with Shusui from his grave. The battle resulted in Moria’s entire crew being killed in battle.
Following his defeat, Moria set about trying to gain enough power to defeat Kaido, and his outlook of crewmates lead to him seeking an undead crew. Returning to his home sea of West Blue, he constructed Thriller Bark, and some time afterward joined the Seven Warlords of the Sea, resulting in his bounty being frozen. “
At some point, John became a pirate captain with a large amount of treasure. When he decided to keep the treasure for himself rather than share it with his crew, they turned on him and he died via multiple stab wounds to the chest.
There are these possibilities:
- Moria found those bodies before Wano. This is almost impossible since Moria started to gather bodies after Wano.
- Moria found those bodies in Wano -since we know John became a pirate captain after the Rocks era. This is almost impossible, I don’t see Captain John being involved in Wano with Kaido.
- Moria randomly found those bodies after Wano in the West Blue. This is possible, even if it is really weird to me.
- Moria knew about the individual strengths of the three pirates and looked for them.
- Moria knew about the Rocks Pirates and looked for their bodies.
I suport the 4th or the 5th! I think it is too weird that Moria had the bodies of those three Rocks members!