Slowly and steadily Oda has been building up towards a world collapse that will erupt around the same time the One Piece is found.
It’s impossible to go into all the details of the collapse but I think this is a proper timeline of the collapse of the three main powers in the world and how the worst generation live up to their name by breaking it all.
- Crocodile takes control of Alabasta.
- Luffy takes down Crocodile.
- Blackbeard turns Ace in and gains Crocodile’s spot.
- The Emperor Whitebeard goes to Marineford to fight for Ace.
- Blackbeard uses the opportunity to recruit people at Impel Down and kill Whitebeard.
Current Status: 1 Emperor down, 4 Emperors and Shichibukai power system shaken but stable.
- Sengoku steps down.
- Akainu and Akaoji fight for power.
- Akaoji renounces.
- Green Bull and Fujitora rise to power.
- Blackbeard becomes an Emperor.
- Law becomes a Warlord to then go after Doflamingo.
- Doflamingo gets taken down by Luffy.
- Fujitora then proposes the idea of the abolition of the seven Warlords.
Current Status: 2 Warlords down, Admirals power system shaken but stable, 4 Emperors stable, Shichibukai power system shaken.
Stage 3 – Reap what you sow
- The King of Alabasta and Dressrosa stand up against the Shichibukai.
- The Shichibukai system gets disbanded.
- Two Emperors are dragged down by the Worst Generation.
- The Revolutionary Army sparks a fire of rebellion and burns a fire in the Holy Land.
- Fujitora and Green Bull lose the fight against the Revolutionary Army.
Current Status: 2 Emperors down, the Shichibukai power system disbanded, the Admirals and the World Government shaken and lacking manpower.
Stage 4 – The collapse of the world as we know it
This is the stage we’ll see in the Final Saga