This post will list ideas for Mythical Zoans not seen in the story yet. Keep in mind that this is just to start a discussion and it isn’t guaranteed that any of these ideas will make the cut. But before we start, we should mention all the Mythical Zoan fruits that already exist in the One Piece verse (canon only).
Current Mythical Zoans
- Tori-Tori no mi; Model, Pheonix: This is the first Mythical Zoan devil fruit to be introduced to the story and is currently being wielded by Marco. Marco can turn into a phoenix and fly but what’s more impressive is that the fruit has the power of phoenix flames that can heal wounds. The regeneration is so quick that Marco can get shot by bullets or pierced by spears in any place of his body and instantly regenerate it. On top of self-healing, the phoenix flames may be applied to other living targets in order to mend them.
- Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Buddha: This is the Mythical Zoan version of Chopper’s devil fruit. It is wielded by Sengoku. It allows Sengoku to transform into a golden statue in which he can use to launch palm thrusts that result in shockwaves. Little is known about this fruit and its full capabilities.
- Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Kyubi no Kitsune (Nine-Tailed Fox): This was showcased when Gecko Moria infiltrated Hachinosu in order to save Absolam from the BlackBeard pirates. It allows the user to fully transform into another person’s looks and even their clothes. It is currently being wielded by Catarina Devon, one of the Ten Titanic Captains.
- Hebi Hebi no Mi, Model: Yamata no Orochi: This fruit is currently being wielded by Orochi himself. It allows him to transform into an 8 headed snake/hydra. Orochi can control all 8 of his heads simultaneously. It is implied that the fruit grants its user the ability to survive decapitation. Despite having his head cut off by Kaido in his human form, Orochi was later seen alive, and no worse for wear. The exact reasoning behind this ability has yet to be fully explored.
- Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Onyudo: This Devil Fruit allows its user to transform into an onyudo, a large monk yokai, at will. It was eaten by Onimaru.
- Inu Inu no Mi, Model: Okuchi no Makami: This Devil Fruit grants the power to transform into a hybrid and full version of the Okuchi no Makami—a legendary wolf that, according to Kaido, is a “Guardian Deity of Wano Country”. Moreover, as with other fruits of the Mythical Zoan variety, this one blesses the user with at least one special ability: in particular, the user is enabled to produce cold and ice, which they can expel as blasts from their mouth or otherwise make appear from their body, and can even use such ability without transforming. This Devil Fruit was eaten by Yamato.
- Uo Uo no Mi, Model: Seiryu: This Mythical Zoan-type devil fruit enables the user to turn into a giant, serpentine, blue-scaled dragon—an Eastern dragon called “Azure Dragon”—and into a human-dragon hybrid. It was eaten by Kaido. Beside the transformation itself, the fruit grants multiple supernatural abilities, the most out of any Mythical Zoan seen so far. The most prominent of these is the power to conjure forth Flame Clouds, that can also be used to lift other objects, including entire islands, into the air and move them, for extended periods even and while using their other powers simultaneously. In addition, the user can create and control various elements as a dragon. He can release devastating blasts of fire from his mouth, can launch small lightning bolts while roaring and cutting blades of wind while blowing, as well as stir up potent, fast-rotating tornados.
- Gomu Gomu no Mi / Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Nika: This Devil Fruit allows the user to transform into the legendary “Sun God” Nika and gain his attributes, namely a body with the properties of rubber. Once the fruit is awakened, the user undergoes a drastic transformation. Their hair becomes fiery and white, their eyes become more manic-like, and they gain a strange wisp around their body. They also gain the ability to freely alter their physique however they desire, being able to inflate their muscles without the need to blow air into them. In addition, they can alter the environment around them in a similar way. This also extends to living beings, as Luffy can manipulate flesh as if it were rubbery.
Now that we have covered all 5 Mythical Zoan fruits currently present in the story, it is time to cover possible ideas for future Mythical Zoans!