Finally Luffy managed to defeat the Emperor renowned as “The Strongest Creature in the World” on his own!
Luffy’s progression in terms of power has been clearly laid out:
- Trained with Rayleigh during the time skip.
- Trained Advanced Observation Haki in Whole Cake Island.
- Trained Advanced Armament in Wano.
- Got defeated by Kaido but refused to be broken.
- Has shown incredible strength of will since chapter 1.
- Figured out Advanced Conqueror’s Haki in Wano. When Luffy and Kaidou clashed again, the two of them split the clouds in the sky with their conflicting Conqueror’s Haki, a feat previously only seen achieved when two of the Four Emperors fought each other. This indicates that Luffy’s Haki has ascended to the same level as that of the strongest pirates in the world.
- Awakened his devil fruit in Wano. The awakening of the Gomu Gomu no Mi / Hito Hito no Mi, Model: Nika, granted to Luffy’s rubber-like body increased strength and freedom. The Five Elders consider that preventing the fruit from awakening might be worth incurring the wrath of Kaido, one of the Four Emperors, suggesting that they greatly fear the fruit’s power.
There won’t be another training arc. In fact, Wano is Luffy’s ultimate training arc. There won’t be another timeskip. The time is now.
*Theory by Lelouche85