Garp is currently about to go engage the Blackbeard Pirates on the greatest pirate stronghold in the world, Hachinosu Beehive, in order to save captain Koby.
This in my belief is a parallel to Marineford that Oda is about to do. And it’s likely going to be Garp’s last stand in the manga. I will detail the things that happened in Marineford and the parallels of Hachinosu i believe will take place, so the things in Hachinosu i describe are my PREDCITION/HEADCANON.
I will describe the parallels briefly between Garp and Whitebeard, and Marineford/Hachinosu:
- Whitebeard, the captain of the Whitebeard Pirates, a legendary pirate who once rivaled the Pirate King in combat, he could easily become Pirate King but wasn’t interested.
- Garp, the leader of SWORD, a legendary Marine who once rivaled the Pirate King in combat, he could easily become Fleet Admiral/World Commander in Chief but wasn’t interested.
- Whitebeard’s underling who he sees as his son, Ace, was captured by Blackbeard and had his life in danger. Blackbeard captured Ace for 2 reasons, to gain the Warlord status and be able to enter Impel Down and to draw out Whitebeard into a war with. Very likely Whitebeard is partly to blame for the fall of Rocks.
- Garp’s underling who he sees as his grandson/son, Koby, was captured by Blackbeard and has his life in danger. Blackbeard potentially captured Koby to draw out Garp and take him out signalling the return of the Rocks era with the fall of the man who took down Rocks
- The fight for Whitebeard was mostly him vs Akainu (most morally good pirate v most morally corrupted marine) and then his former subordinate killed him. In the fight with Akainu he lost alot of things permanently, severe heat burns from his magma, puncture wounds from his magma.
- The fight for Garp will mostly be him vs Blackbeard (most morally good marine vs most morally corrupted pirate) and then his former subordinate Aokiji kills him. I don’t think Aokiji will kill him but will pretend to and it will look extremely believable to everyone around. In the fight Garp will lose alot of things, severe frost burns from his ice, puncture wounds from ice.
- Leading the Whiteberd Pirates as their captain and father Whitebeard tried to save Ace a young pirate from the clutches of the Marines. A old legendary pirate long after his prime is trying to save a new young pirate who is yet to reach their prime, going to an island swarming with Marines with no hesitation.
- The Marine Hero Garp is trying to save Koby a young marine from the clutches of the pirates. A old legendary marine long after his prime is trying to save a new young marine who is yet to reach their prime, going to a island swarming with pirates with no hesitation.
- Whitebeard takes the moby dick there his ship:
- Garp takes his ship there:
- The Marines are in awe at this legendary pirate, and there is no pirate they feared more than Whitebeard, although Whitebeard cannot generate the same power he once could. Blackbeard comments about this. We see his power on display, his naginata and Gura Gura no Mi/Haki.
- The pirates are in awe of this legendary marine, and there is no marine they feared more than Garp, although Garp cannot generate the same power he once could. Blackbeard comments about this. We see his power on display, his fists and physical strength/Haki.
- Whitebeard destroyed a large portion of Marineford. His sons, the members of the Whitebeard Pirates, watch his legendary last stand as he mows down marines in battle. Whitebeard bets on the new era in Luffy. He died trying to protect his subordinates while destroying MARINEFORD.
- Garp will destroy a large portion of Hachinosu. His disciples, the members of SWORD, watch his legendary last stand as he mows down pirates in battle. Garp bets on the new era in Koby. He will die trying to protect his subordinates while destroying HACHINOSU.
- Whitebeard’s own former underling(SON) on his ship fights him near the end and takes him out. Blackbeard calls him Father in their last meeting. Whitebeard says legendary words and we learn how much damage he tanked as he mowed them down.
- Garp’s own former underling(DISCIPLE) on his ship fights him near the end and takes him out. Aokiji calls him Master in their last meeting. Garp says legendary words and we learn how much damage he tanked as he mowed them down.
*Theory by Rickyszn034