- Chinese dragons traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers.
- Momonosuke has the ability of “Voice of All Things”. This represents his potent.
- The dragon is also a symbol of power, strength, and good luck for people who are worthy of it.
- Momonosuke is the son of Kozuki Oden, a former member of the Roger Pirates, that represents his power.
- He was saved by Luffy, found friends and a lot more. This represents his luck.
- The Emperor of China usually used the dragon as a symbol of his imperial power and strength.
- He is the son of a daimyo. While the shogun is above them, he is still a powerful person.
- In Chinese daily language, excellent and outstanding people are compared to a dragon.
- Again, this is a reference to his ability: Voice of All Things
- A number of Chinese proverbs and idioms feature references to a dragon, such as “Hoping one’s son will become a dragon”
- This is reference to Punk Hazard when Kin’emon showed himself as the father of him. Also this will be a reference because everybody hopes that Momonosuke’s dream of freeing Wano Kuni will succeed or better said that he will be the light (dragon) that will guide the folk to oppose the shogun.
There are also several aspects that physically connects them:
- His kimono:
- It’s pink just like his DF.
- The color pink is a hint to Sakura leaves. This is a reference to Hiluluk, who said that the Sakura leaves are the solution to save the people and Momonosuke wants to save the people of Wano Kuni.
- His dragon has four claws.
- Four claws represent a prince or a noble while five claws represent the emperor. (Improper usage of dragon claws could even cause the execution of the entire clan of the offender)
- Both are seen as innocent.
- While Momonosuke is a child, an eastern dragon is viewed positive.
The Dragon: Key to oppose the folk against the Shogun
A dragon is seen as a symbol of the emperor.
“The myths about Emperor Jimmu descending from Toyatama-hime evidence the folklore that Japanese Emperors descend from dragons. Compare the ancient Chinese tradition of dragons symbolizing the Emperor of China.”
Because Momonosuke ate the artifical zoan fruit from Vegapunk, he will be seen as the next emperor for Wano Kuni. People will support him because he is able to shift into a dragon, which means the folk thinks that he is a descend from dragons. This will give them support after they managed to overthrown the shogun to estabilish a new Wano Kuni.
*Theory by Name Is C