Im’s Identity Revealed? The Mysterious Secret of Lily and Alabasta
I won’t go as far as to say Im is definitely Lily, but here are some points which make it a real possibility:
- 1) Im seems to be wearing a gown, hinting that she’s likely a woman.
- 2) Im seems to spend nearly all her time in a garden full of pretty flowers. It would make sense for her to be obsessed with gardens/flowers if she came from Alabasta, which is a barren desert that probably doesn’t have any beautiful gardens.
- 3) In chapter 1084 we found out that only 19 weapons were stabbed around the ground of the Empty Throne because there isn’t a weapon from Alabasta. In chapter 908 we see that Im stabbed a sword through a picture of Shirahoshi on the ground. Not only does Im’s sword look very similar to some of the weapons around the Throne, but her sword is stabbed into the ground just like the 19 weapons. This hints at Im’s sword being the 20th weapon which symbolizes Alabasta.
- 4) The fact that the Immortality Operation of Law‘s Op-Op Fruit is known by some characters means that it must’ve been used in the past. Yet the fact that the Operation isn’t common knowledge (the pirates in possession of the Op-Op Fruit in chapter 765 didn’t seem to know about it) implies that despite becoming immortal, the person who the Operation was used on didn’t become famous. It makes sense for that person to be someone hidden from public knowledge like Im, which explains how she’s still alive after 800 years. Also, Im could be short for immortal.
- 5a) The image of Lily from this chapter has a few different hints. Firstly, Lily’s eyes aren’t drawn in detail but instead are whited out. This may be hinting that there’s something special about her eyes, such as having Im’s multi-circle irises.
- 5b) Secondly, Lily doesn’t exactly look friendly in that image. She looks very imposing, even without all those armed soldiers behind her. If you showed someone who didn’t read this chapter that image of Lily, I bet they’d think she’s a villain.
- 5c) I’ve saved the most convincing point for last. The crown. Im seems to always be wearing an oversized crown. The image of Lily shows her wearing a crown as well. However, the top of Lily’s crown is cut off by a speech bubble so we can’t actually see how tall this crown is. Is it just a coincidence that Lily’s crown is covered by that speech bubble? Possibly. But it’s also possible that Oda intentionally covered it so readers don’t realize that Lily is wearing the exact same oversized crown as Im!
*Theory by NewCanadianMTurker