Is Crocodile the real Son of Whitebeard?
- In Impel Down, Crocodile says there were an endless number of pirates who lost to Whitebeard and could never become number one, so they hate Whitebeard.
- In the cover stories Crocodile has a chance to escape from prison but decides not to. But he wants to escape when Whitebeard is about to fight the World Government.
- As soon as Crocodile sees Whitebeard at Marineford he tries to attack him.
- When Whitebeard is betrayed and stabbed, Crocodile shouts at Whitebeard and says he can’t believe someone he lost to would be so weak.
- For the rest of the war Crocodile helps the Whitebeard Pirates.
- While reading the paper Crocodile asks what Luffy is doing (in regards to 3D2Y), to which Daz says Luffy bears a heavy scar and such scars don’t heal quickly. Crocodile asks if he’s trying to imply something.
- Whitebeard is from Sphinx in the New World. Crocodile says it’s time to head back to “good old, New World”, so he might originally be from the New World itself.
All this makes me wonder if Crocodile is Whitebeard’s actual son.
I couldn’t help but notice a few similarities he shares with the old man. Similarity number one, being the eyes. If you ever see Crocodile’s eyes and Whitebeard’s eyes. Whitebeard’s eyes switch between yellow and white. When Whitebeard’s eyes are white, him and Crocodile look extremely similar. Sure, a lot of characters have the white eyes, but seriously, take off Crocodile’s hair and put on a big white mustache, you’ll see. Plus, a few scenes show they somewhat share the same facial structure. Big jaws.
Another reason I think it could be possible, Crocodile has a genuine hate for Whitebeard, yet we don’t know why. Perhaps Crocodile hates that Whitebeard was never around, maybe he just wanted to kill the old man to prove himself. Prove that he’s strong because he’s strong, and not because he may have been Whitebeard’s son.
Crocodile wanted to make a name for himself, not live off the reputation of his father. And that’s also what I think Ivankov knew. Ivankov worked for Monkey D. Dragon, and perhaps the Revolutionaries had information that not even the World Government knew (they weren’t even aware of Weevil). Whitebeard indeed had a kid, and his name was Crocodile. Plus, weren’t the Revolutionaries at Alabasta? You can’t tell me they didn’t unearth some information on Crocodile.
*Theory by asfgkt