Dr. Vegapunk is the leading scientist in the employment of the Marines. His work includes discovering the secrets and uses of seastone, the secrets of how Devil Fruit powers work, the co-discovery of the Lineage Factor and its applications, and various other scientific achievements that are said to be at least 500 years ahead of current technology.
At some point in the past, Vegapunk managed to split his being into six different people. These six people, referred to as “satellites“, all identify as Dr. Vegapunk and will introduce themselves as such, but also possess their own names and number designations to distinguish them. The satellites are also distinguished by appearing to embody a particular aspect of Vegapunk’s personality.
- Punk-01 “Shaka”, embodying his “good”. Very little of Shaka has been shown so far. They appear to wear a futuristic metal helmet over their head, and has an earpiece and antenna on their left ear which enables communication with the other Vegapunk satellites.
- Punk-02 “Lilith”, embodying his “evil”. Lilith has the appearance of a young woman with wild light hair. Like the other satellites, she wears an earpiece and antenna on her left ear which enables communication with Vegapunk’s other manifestations. Being designated the “evil” satellite of Vegapunk, Lilith is the manifestation of Vegapunk’s ruthless and malevolent traits. She utilizes her technology and weaponry to steal from voyagers who trespass on Egghead, justifying this to Shaka as necessary for the sake of keeping Vegapunk’s research operational. However, she possesses a rash attitude which can cause her to underestimate those she attacks, as she was stunned when Shaka, the manifestation of Vegapunk’s logic, pointed out that the Straw Hats were equipped and poised to deal great harm to herself and her army of Sea Beasts.
- Punk-03 “Edison”, embodying his “thinking”.
- Punk-04 “Pythagoras”, embodying his “wisdom”.
- Punk-05 “Atlas”, embodying his “violence”. Atlas is an extremely large girl, appearing to be as tall as Kaido according to Luffy, with a young appearance. Being designated the “violence” satellite of Vegapunk, Atlas has a short temper and is prone to violence upon getting angry. Befitting her large size, Atlas possesses significant strength, as she was able to punch Luffy and send him slamming into a wall with great force, leaving him with bruises. She also possesses great durability, being barely affected by a normal punch from Luffy. Her body made a metallic clanging sound when Luffy struck it, meaning she may wear armor or have cyborg modifications. Her gloves, which are called Light-Pressure Gloves, allow her to interact with light as though it is tangible. This will cause the holograms on Egghead to react to her actions as though they were real, such as when she punched a dragon hologram and it recoiled.
- Punk-06 “York”, embodying his “greed”.
Each of Vegapunk’s satellites are written with the character for the specific trait but are pronounced differently. Their origins are unclear, so these are the best guesses: